Short films are an opportunity for women filmmakers, especially emergent and first-time, to exercise their voice, vision and craft, when the stakes are relatively low and the distribution opportunity– between film festivals and digital/viral networks – is very high. In 2009, we partnered with Rooftop Films to launch an open call to women filmmakers for short films of any genre.
The first recipient of the Chicken & Egg Pictures/Rooftop Film's Women Filmmakers Short Film Grant is Sara Zia Ebrahimi's 'Norman Schwartzkopf Made Me Gay'.
The latest from our blog
- Great Opportunities for Submissions, Events, and Discounts this fall! - Oct 29
- ROOFTOP FILMS / CHICKEN & EGG PICTURES WOMEN FILMMAKERS SHORT FILM GRANT - Jul 07
- Lynn Shelton continues to show independent film how to make your projects interesting. - Feb 03
- ROOFTOP NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2010 - Oct 22
- 2008-09 ROOFTOP FILMS/CHICKEN & EGG PICTURES WOMEN FILMMAKERS SHORT FILM GRANT - Oct 07